Monday, August 10, 2009

An “out of Box” Experience

It's always good to step outside of the box, or in this case into a box that offers up a whole slew of challenges and excitement.

So, as most of you may know – I'm a landscape photographer, with a little travel documentary thrown in. I've never proclaimed to be a commercial photographer, a product or wedding photographer, not even a portrait or family and pet enthusiast. But that shouldn't hold me back from at least attempting the impossible.


One of my more interesting "out of the box" experiences is UE [urban exploration]. I started shooting UE about three (3) years ago. Of course my love for travel and exploration in general kicked in and I thoroughly enjoy this particular aspect, but must admit, my 1st attempts of producing lovely UE photo's were far from as exciting.


I've come a long way since then, now a co-founder of the Shadow Collective, which you will hear more about in the coming months. The group focus is primarily on artistic UE imagery.


So in closing – although my heart still lies with mother-nature, I've been able to spread my wings and grow to love a different kind of landscape. I'm still a landscape photographer – only now I enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly – not just the beautiful. Rock on!!

[ images are from a recent trip to Gary Indiana ]

No comments:

Post a Comment